Sunday, November 2, 2008

Whatever It Takes I'll Be There

Ok, so I just got off the phone.
Conversation didn't last very long. Not much to say.
Mark and I have now been going out for 1 year and 4 months. Yes, it is a long time.
A very long time.
Some people like to tease me - us - and say that we're practically married. Not mentioning anyone...*cough* Monica *cough*....
But we're really not.
Obviously.
We're 17.

You know, it just occurred to me that I made a link to this blog on my myspace and it could be possible that someone I know will read this. Oh, perfect.

Hmm...you know, I should probably get to bed.
I always say that. But then I get distracted.
I think I may have something wrong with me.
I remember random things, yet not other things.
It might be the alcohol?
Mmmm...probably.
I used to have the memory of an elephant.
Now, I have one like a goldfish.

"Cause I see the light surrounding you.
So don't be afraid of something new"

Geez that's an old song.
Ahhh so meaningful though.

Well, I started writing today again.
I got kinda expired from this book I finished reading.
It's called Joe and Cat Set The Story Straight.
It's a tandem story.
And was a very interesting read. Anyway, it got me back into writing the story I'm writing at the moment. I don't really know where this story is heading, but it'll basically just take me where it takes me.
I can never plan stories, because what's happening around me usually influences what happens in the story. I kinda have a direction with this one, but there's still a lot I need to sort out.

Yeah, anyway.
Hmm I'll post my prologue.

I stare up at the ceiling. It is utterly blank. A dark expanse of nothing. I imagine it to be my future – yet I figure the ceiling is a bit brighter than that. A car whizzes past my window, and, just for a millisecond, I see the texture of the ceiling; the bumps and bubbles of a bad paint job, a crack of time, splodges and marks from the unknown pasts. In that instant – in that beam of light – I witness hope. That perhaps my future had something in store for me after all. The light passes, and the big room is cloaked in thick darkness once again.
Maybe I imagined it, but that’s when things started changing for me; on that dark, moonless night in November.
I closed my eyes and attempted sleep.

Ok, this is my final post for today.
ciao baby.

No comments: