Friday, October 31, 2008

Let's Start At the Very Beginning...A Very Good Place To Start

hey there!

what's cracking? So I decided to create a blog...you know, just for the hell of it. Why yes, I also happen to be a Teenage Bimbo. It's a part of me I just cannot ignore.

So anyway, I'm just going to go straight into my life. Basically. You'll get to know me later.

Today, Friday the 31st of October. Halloween. Something I only realised about 10 minutes ago. I'm not from America, so we don't celebrate Halloween too much. Would've loved to go trick-or-treating tonight, but all my friends are extremely busy with studying for their year 12 exam.

I actually had my VCE (what we call our final years of schooling - year 11 and 12) exam. I did VCE drama as a year 11 this year. It could possibly be the hardest subject ever. Harder than those maths and science ones. The hardest. So anyway, I had my written exam today. Probably failed but I don't really care because it's only 25% of a subject that will probably contribute to 10% of my final study score. So I'm pretty happy it's over.

But seriously, people underestimate drama.
Is there any other subject where you have to work in a group of approximately 3 to 5 people to create a non-naturalistic ensemble using a topic (example: The Pursuit of Beauty) and 5 stimuli? No, there's not. And that's not even it. Is there any other subject where, on your own, you have to choose from a variety of 10 solo stimuli and create a solo performance based on that structure? That goes for 7 minutes? If you want to know more about VCE drama, just ask; I could literally rave about it all day.

So anyway, I was really suprised (and so were the other 20 something drama girls) because the second stimulus in the exam that we had to create ideas for a ensemble from related like TOTALLY to our actual ensemble topic! It was called Extreme Fashion (our topic was The Pursuit of Beauty) and the stimulus even included pictures that were extreme fashion methods like corsets and those rings they put around their necks in Africa! It was so funny. Basically everyone was ready to piss themself laughing during reading time. So that was like really awesome because everyone basically chose a character from their ensemble and talked about that.

Then after my exam, my boyfriend came over for a bit to talk to me and see how I went. I also went on facebook and some of my best friends - Sabina and Annie - commented me and asked how it went. Another one of my best friends - Ciara - also rang me and we chatted for a while about drama and biology - she's got her VCE biology exam on monday.

So anyway, I'm basically done here. Knowing me, I'll probably post a blog tomorrow. Have nothing else to do now I'm finished with drama!

So, until then.

Au revoir.

No comments: